This Summer we will be offering two one week Drum Camps with Mike Michalkow.
One page flyer about the camp (pdf)
Fee’s Include 4 days of Drumming Masterclasses with Guest Artists/clinics. Classes will run from 9-5 every day with a 1-hour lunch break at 12:00
- Each Student will have their own Yamaha Electronic Drumset to use during the week.
- Lunch & snacks/beverages are included with the Camp Fee
- Ages 19 and older
Here’s a Breakdown of what will be taught throughout the week:
- Daily Warmups-An In-Depth Understanding of Rhythm
- Improving Hand & Foot Technique
- Making your Grooves “Groove”
- intermediate to Advanced Independence
- Understanding Odd Time Signatures
- Learning to play with a click track or sequencers
- How to Quickly Learn Songs
- Rhythms from Around the World
- The Concept of Soloing
- An Introduction to Polyrhythms
- Famous Drum Grooves
- Drumming History and the pioneers of Drumming
- An Introduction to new Styles:
- Funk, Jazz, Latin, Metal
- Double Bass Drumming (for those who play it)
- Reading Exercises – Learning to Improvise
- Masterclasses by Guest Artists
About Mike Michalkow – Drummer/Percussionist/Author/Educator
Mike has been playing drums for over 30 years, and is a top graduate of the music program in 1994 at Grant MacEwan University. He Currently resides in Vancouver, BC where he performs with groups such asSupernatural (A Santana Tribute) John Cameron Entertainment (Orchestra Drummer in Edmonton, Alberta), Strangiato (A Tribute to Rush) Flow (A Tribute To Sade) and various other projects. He is also very active in the Vancouver Recording Studio Scene recording 2-3 albums per month.
Mike is the Head Drum Instructor at LCMS (Langley Community Music School), An Adjudicator for the Canadian Drumline Association (CDA) and one of the resident instructors on the popular online lesson site Drumeo.
He hosts Drum and Percussion clinics in Canada and the USA sponsored by Yamaha Drums, Paiste Cymbals, Evans Drum Heads, Kelly Cajons and Pro Mark Drum Sticks.
Mike Michalkow has shared the stage with the likes of David Foster, Lionel Richie, Peter Cetera, Sarah MacLaughlan, Olivia Newton John, Nathan East, Larry Carlton, Mike Stern, The Tenors, Steven Page and many more.
Mike is the Author of Modern Drummer Award Winning Educational Book “The Total Rock Drummer, as well as he is the creator of “The Drumming System, The Moeller Method Secrets, The Latin Drumming System, The Jazz Drumming System, and the Drum Tuning System”
To learn more about Mike visit www.mikemichalkow.com